Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's a Date!!!

Last night, Marc and I went on a "date". We of course had to take the baby, but the other 4 were at home with Kasie. Here is a recap of our romantic evening!
First, we were about 45 min early for dinner with a buddy of his, so guess where my romantic husband took me? The gun shop. He said he was just browsing. So, after about 5 min, he convinced me that he really wanted to buy ME a small handgun. He said if he ever was to go out of town, he would feel alot better about leaving us if he knew I knew how to operate a gun. (I think he just wanted the gun for himself, but to save my nagging, he convinced me it was for me!). So, I had to take a test to own a handgun. And something I never thought I would posess, is a hand gun permit!!! But I got 100% so I am legal!!
Anyways, on to dinner we went with a buddy of Marc's and his wife. On a side note- when did restaurants get SOO freakin expensive? We went to the Olive Garden, which is not fancy by any means, and there were no dishes under $15!!! It cost over $100 for four of us to eat!!! CRAZY!! Anyways, I have been doing so good eating healthy lately, but I totally blew that out of the water. I am going to have to run 15 miles this weekend just to burn off what I ate!!! So, after dinner, we ventured off to go grocery shopping. Since we live about an hour to town, we figured we would just get it done while we were almost kidless and already down there. Marc is like shopping with a little kid!! Our cart was overflowing with stuff he was throwing in!!! Not too romatic, but we had a blast!!! But when we got home, Aiden was asleep in the window sill waiting for us. Kasie said he had been there for 2 hours- everytime she would try to move him to bed, he would start crying for us. Such a sweet boy!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think that it takes a certain number of children to get to the point where going to the grocery store on a date with your husband becomes very exciting. I can totally relate! hahahahaha

    Concerning "your" gun - your little brother would be proud! He insists on my having those skills too. In fact, he wants me to get a conceal carry license. We shall see...lol

    I can't believe the OLIVE GARDEN was so expensive! But what a blessing to get some time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great night..A gun?? Amiee with a gun?? The Lord save us..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...said Mrs. Davis...

    Sorry, had to finish Mom's sentence! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your date night. It has been a long time since you went on a date and had FUN! Ha ha! Richard agrees with Marc, he says there are too many sketchy characters around you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I am afraid I have damaged my children with random sayings..but the fact you are all grown and still quoting your Mother is impressive. Love you both, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that sounds like my husband. He likes those guns. Your date sounds fun! It's always nice to get away without the kids!

    ReplyDelete