Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy and Sad Times

This past month, Aiden turned 3, Bryce turned 6, we took a trip to Napa, and we are getting ready to celebrate Easter tomorrow.   All these happenings have been so fun and memorable.  But, today, on Bryce's 6th birthday, I am feeling overwhelmed with sadness.  Ever since the fire, I have been trying so hard to put on a happy face and move on and be grateful that we were not home that horrid day.  But on days like today, when I want to look back at baby pics and reminice about pregnancy/labor/etc., I have nothing but very faint memories stored in this CRAZY mommy brain.  My only pics of Bryce as a baby were the pics my mom and sis had when he was 4 months old.  And Aiden is even worse.  The only pics I have of him were when he was 6 months.  I feel like a horrible mother- although the fire was completely out of our control- that I don't have more documentation of their first years.  When they get married and their wives are asking questions about them as babies, I won't have anything to show them.  I don't have baby pics of them to compare to their own children's.  But, I do have the most wonderful, beautiful, sweet boys to make me smile daily.  And for that, I am forever grateful.  Now, enough complaining and onto to pics for you mom....







I forgot to include pics of the baby WALKING!!!  Seriously, he is only 8 months and taking a few steps.  I am soooo not ready for this.  He is way too young and I am going to try to make him stay a baby for as long as possible- not dealing too well with the fact that he is the last!!! 
I promise I will post pics tomorrow for you mom!!!  Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you all! And by the way, Cole looks like he could be one of my children. Seriously, that sweet face looks so very familiar! My girls all look like your family though, so it makes sense! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amiee, The memories you make will surpass any photos you will take. Love you all and miss you more than words can say. Love Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank goodness everyone was safe! I didn't realize you had a fire. I am sorry for all the precious items you lost.

    ReplyDelete